Plan Your Visit To Dubai Butterfly Garden | Timings, Location, Tips, & more
Butterfly Garden | Visitor Information At A Glance
- What are the Butterfly Garden's opening hours?
The Butterfly Garden in Dubai is open from 9 AM to 6 PM on all days of the week.
- Where is the Butterfly Garden located?
Butterfly Garden is located in Al Barsha South, of the Dubailand district of Dubai, and is situated close to Dubai Miracle Garden. Get directions.
- How many visitors does the Butterfly Garden see per year?
Dubai’s Butterfly Garden sees a footfall of nearly 1.5 million visitors every year.
- When did Butterfly Garden open?
Butterfly Garden was opened to welcome the public in 2015.
Dubai Butterfly Garden Location
Address: Al Barsha South 3, Dubailand Area, Beside Dubai Miracle Garden, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Find on Map
Dubai Butterfly Garden is located in the Dubailand district of Dubai, about 35.3 km away from the Dubai Airport. It is located right next to the famous Dubai Miracle Garden. Dubai’s Butterfly Garden is one of the topmost attractions among families and tourists visiting the city. As the world’s largest It is the world's largest and Dubai’s first indoor butterfly garden, you should take the opportunity of visiting this beautiful park.
Closest Landmark: Dubai Miracle Garden (120 meters)
Getting To Dubai Butterfly Garden
Metro Line: Red Line
Nearest Metro Stop: MOE Metro Station (Mall of the Emirates)
You can take the Dubai Metro Red Line, get down at the Mall of the Emirates metro station and take a taxi to reach Butterfly garden. Taking the Metro is one of the most convenient ways to reach Dubai Butterfly Garden.
Bus Line: RTA Bus No. 105
Nearest Bus Stop: Dubai Miracle Garden Bus Stop
You can reach the Dubai Butterfly Garden by taking the RTA Bus No 105. You will have to get down at the Miracle Garden Bus Stop, which is a 6 min walk from Dubai Miracle Garden.
Distance From Airport: 35.3 km
Estimated Duration From Airport: 25 minutes
If public transportation is not a convenient option for you, you can take a taxi to the Dubai Butterfly Garden. Taxis are available from anywhere in the city and are one the most comfortable options to travel.
Know Before You Go
- Souvenir Shops: Don’t forget to pick up some merchandise and memorabilia from the souvenir shop inside the Butterfly Garden premises.
- Parking Area: Enjoy a completely carefree visit to the Butterfly Garden after parking your vehicle within the car park available at Miracle Garden.
- Prayer Area: Dubai Butterfly Garden also has a prayer area in case you need to offer prayers in the middle of your visit and require a peaceful area where you can do so uninterrupted.
- Dining Options: There are several food and beverage options for you and your family when visiting Dubai Butterfly Garden.
- Gendered Restrooms: Dubai Butterfly Garden has gendered bathrooms for different genders.
- The entire premises of Dubai Butterfly Garden is equipped with ramps to offer a helpful experience to visitors with restricted mobility. The entire premises of Dubai Butterfly Garden is accessible by wheelchair.
- In case they are required, electric cars can also be hired from within the park.
- Rest assured that should you require any medical assistance during your visit to Dubai Butterfly Garden, you will be tended to by the trained medical staff in the First Aid Rooms.
- Since Dubai Butterfly Garden is an eco-friendly park, please maintain the area’s cleanliness by disposing off garbage only in the trash bins.
- It is strictly prohibited to bring outside food and drinks inside the garden since these could invite ants, spiders, and other predators who may harm the butterflies.
- Since butterflies often like to rest on leaves and pathways, try to watch your step while exploring the park.
- Do not disturb or try to pick up the butterflies while they are feeding. It is strictly prohibited to touch the butterflies’ wings as it may affect their lifespan. Children should be kept under supervision.
- Please respect the signage designating the restricted areas.
- Taking photos of the butterflies is allowed.
There are plenty of dining options available at Dubai Butterfly Garden. While there is a wide array of options for kids, from a candy shop with a wide selection of sweet treats, and a Kids Restaurant – you and your adult mates can certainly grab a beverage at the Starbucks outlet. Apart from these options, there is also a food kiosk located near the entrance of the garden that offers a variety of food items.
- Five Jumeirah Village Dubai: You’ll enjoy the most pleasant pool experience in Dubai at this hotel. Don’t worry about sleeping in, because this hotel is located a mere 16 minutes from the Butterfly Garden.
- Studio One Hotel: This boutique hotel is one of the closest to Dubai’s Butterfly Garden and a hit with traveler’s visiting the city. The best part? It is located a mere 8 minutes from Butterfly Garden.
- Ghaya Grand Hotel: This hotel is a completely non-smoking zone offering a luxurious retreat. It is located 10 minutes from Butterfly Garden.
- Radisson Hotel Dubai Damac Hills: This luxury stay hotel will be the cherry on top of a visit to the Dubai Butterfly Garden. It is located 12 minutes away from Dubai Butterfly Garden.
- Carlton Al Barsha: At Carlton Al Barsha, you’ll be surrounded by an elegant ambiance and a relaxing atmosphere. This hotel is situated 14 minutes away from Dubai Butterfly Garden.
Dubai Miracle Garden: If you are visiting Butterfly Garden, missing out on Miracle Garden would be a mistake since it is right next to it. It is famous for being the world's largest natural flower garden, featuring over 50 million flowers and 250 million plants.
IMG Worlds of Adventure: It is an indoor amusement park located about 18km away from Butterfly Garden. It is a mega-themed entertainment destination in Dubai and is quite popular among tourists.
Ski Dubai: About 14 km away from Butterfly Garden, Ski Dubai is a part of the Mall of the Emirates. It is an indoor ski resort and is a popular attraction.
Dubai Aerodrome: Located about 7.6 km away from Butterfly Garden, it is a famous FIA sanctioned 5.390 km motorsports circuit known for hosting several epic F1 races.
Visiting With Family
- Make sure you visit during the early hours of the day to avoid the afternoon heat and the crowds of tourists.
- Dress in comfortable and relax-fitted clothing for maximum comfort while exploring the park.
- If you’re visiting with your kids, you may look up a few species of butterflies prior to your visit and make a game out of trying to spot those species during your visit. This will keep your child engaged and entertained throughout the visit.
- Keep an eye out for butterflies perched on leaves and branches while exploring the grounds, and avoid touching them or disturbing them.
- Carry a spare trash bag to store food wrappers and tissues if you can’t immediately locate a dustbin. Avoid littering the park during your visit.
- It will be helpful to acquire a copy of the Butterfly Garden map so you can easily navigate to the areas you are interested in during your visit.
- If you’re visiting Dubai Butterfly Garden with your family and are worried about entertainment options for the young ones, you can rest assured that there are plenty of activities to keep them occupied.
- The park has a dedicated Educational Area situated next to Dome 2.
- Further, you can also take your young ones to the Kids Cinema where they will certainly be entertained.
- Adjacent to the Kids Cinema is the Candy Shop, which is definitely going to be a hit with the children of your group.
- Apart from these dedicated areas, you can find plenty of engaging displays to enrapture your kids during your visit to the Butterfly Garden.
Frequently Asked Questions: Visiting Butterfly Garden In Dubai
A. Dubai Butterfly Garden is located in the Dubailand district of Dubai, which is about 35.3 km away from the Dubai Airport. It is located right next to the famous Dubai Miracle Garden.
A. The Dubai Butterfly Garden is open every day of the year from 9 AM to 6 PM.
A. Yes, you can book Dubai Butterfly Garden tickets online. Visitors are encouraged to pre-book their tickets by purchasing them online, as it would help them book their slots in advance while enjoying amazing deals and discounts on ticket prices.
A. Only children below the age of 3 years of age are allowed free entry to the Butterfly Garden.
A. The duration of your stay depends entirely on you, but you will need at least 1 hour to cover the attraction completely and 3 hours if you want to explore the area in detail. Most families spend over 5 hours as they spend their time taking pictures and exploring the attractions.
A. November to March would be the best time to visit Dubai Butterfly Garden as you can enjoy the attraction in comfortable weather.
A. Dubai Butterfly Garden is open from 9 AM to 6 PM. If you want to avoid crowds, plan on visiting the attraction in the early hours of the day during the weekdays.
A. There are multiple ways to reach the Butterfly Garden in Dubai if you are in the city. You can use the public transportation services and reach the attraction by bus or metro or book a taxi if you are looking for a comfortable approach.
A. Yes, you can click pictures inside the Dubai Butterfly Garden. But if you are clicking pictures of the butterflies, make sure to ask the staff members for assistance.
A. Yes, it is safe to visit Dubai Butterfly Garden as the attraction follows all the Covid safety protocols and guidelines.
A. Dubai Butterfly Garden is the world’s largest butterfly park and the only indoor butterfly park in the region. You should take the opportunity to witness over 15,000 wondrous butterflies housed within its premises.
A. Yes, Butterfly Garden is wheelchair friendly.
A. Visiting Butterfly Garden is a thrilling experience indeed, and definitely an opportunity that should not be passed up.